Can I use different fillers?
Fillers - injection drugs used in cosmetology to combat age-related changes, as well as to correct the shape of individual parts of the face - lips, nose, cheekbones, earlobes. Global manufacturers produce products with a different principle and duration and with a variety of options. Today, cosmetologists prefer to work with safe temporary dermal fillers, but at the same time, specialists are wary of changing the brand for contouring.
Types of fillers and their features
As a basis for biocorrectors use:
- Collagen (Zyderm, Dermalogen, Evolence, Cosmoplast).
- Preparations based on this substance are inexpensive but allergenic, valid for up to 3 months.
- Hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Stylage, Restylane, Saypha filler, Belotero).
- Hyaluronic gels are the most popular, look natural, last from 3 months to a year.
- Polylactic acid (AesteFill, Sculptra). Such cosmetic products are used to rejuvenate older patients - smoothing deep wrinkles, restoring young facial contours. The result of contour plastic surgery lasts up to 2 years. Polycaprolactone (Elance). Fillers of the specified line (S, M, L, E) differ only invalidity period - from 1 to 4 years. Calcium hydroxyapatite (Radiesse). Such dermal fillers are suitable for patients with severe signs of aging - 35-60 years, the effect lasts 1-1.5 years.
All these types of intradermal implants resolve over time, however, only with hyaluronic biogels the decay process can be accelerated by injecting a cleavage enzyme - hyaluronidase. With the help of the enzyme, the results of unsuccessful contour plasty disappear in about 2-3 days.
When it is advisable to change the filler
Despite the huge variety in the market of effective and high-quality drugs, cosmetologists sometimes resort to replacing the bioimplant. Such a measure makes sense if:
- the desired result is not achieved;
- a cosmetic product caused an allergy in the patient;
- the density of the intradermal corrector was incorrectly selected, tubercles appeared;
- in connection with age-related changes, the need arose to introduce a more effective and long-playing drug.
In addition, new products are constantly appearing on sale that cosmetologists use to solve specific problems (restoration of the “youth triangle”, rejuvenation of patients with a fine wrinkled type of aging, etc.).
How to choose and when you can prick a filler of another brand
The best option for starting contouring procedures is hyaluronic gels. Such biocorrectors are well perceived by the tissues of the dermis, do not cause rejection and allergic reactions, give a natural effect. Such drugs are recommended for lip augmentation.
As a rule, manufacturers produce hyaluronic fillers in batches, and different biogels can be used in one procedure: with the help of light fillers, fill small wrinkles around the eyes, in the perioral zone; dense, viscous volumetrics are taken if it is necessary to give volume to the cheekbones, cheeks, and change the shape of the nose.
People who have already resorted to contouring with hyaluronic acid and often do not want to make corrections can choose filler injections based on polycaprolactone, polylactose acid, calcium hydroxyapatite.
Combining gels of different brands on one site, especially with different compositions, is unacceptable. If an undesirable result is obtained, neither the cosmetologist nor the patient will be able to find out its cause. In addition, lumps may form under the skin when hyaluronic fillers are mixed.
Doctors are of the opinion that injecting a new filler is possible only after complete resorption of the previous temporary implant - six months to a year after injections (if we are talking about hyaluronic gels).
The combination of fillers with other procedures
Intradermal correctors can be combined with:
- botulinum therapy;
- thread lifting.
Moreover, these procedures are allowed to be carried out in a single session. The main condition: different types of correction are carried out in different areas. That is, if Botox was done in the forehead area, it is impossible to stab a hyaluron here.
It is forbidden to introduce fillers into places where a permanent implant is already “standing”.
Biorevitalization and mesotherapy courses are completed 2–3 weeks before injection. Peelings, hardware procedures can be carried out 3-4 weeks after the fillers are staged, massage after 3-6 weeks, laser resurfacing - after a month.
And most importantly: if you want to get a harmonious and natural effect, to avoid undesirable consequences, choose fillers of famous brands, turn to cosmetologists with a higher medical education and certificates that allow you to work with specific drugs.